Geldings for Gold
- There will be three (3) A/O Geldings for Gold classes and three (3) Geldings for Gold classes at the Grand National Show—one A/O Pleasure, one A/O Performance, and one A/O Fino as well as one Pleasure, one Performance, and one Fino.
- Each class division will be open to all geldings age thirty (30) months and older who have qualified for the National Show by accumulating the required twenty points at sanctioned Paso Fino shows in their respective Amateur Owner and open divisions.
- The entry fee for each A/O Geldings for Gold & Geldings for Gold class is two hundred dollars ($200) per horse plus the National Show class entry fee at the time of the entry with the gelding to be entered & fees paid as you would for any National Show class.
- There are no refunds on the two hundred dollar ($200) fee; however, refunds of the National Show class entry fee fall within the existing PFHA rules and will apply to the A/O Geldings for Gold and Geldings for Gold classes.
- Once entered, a horse may not be substituted without a veterinarian’s affidavit that the horse is unable to compete. Substitute horses must belong to same owner that is otherwise qualified.
- The judging criteria for the A/O Geldings for Gold classes are based on the existing judging criteria for the three respective Amateur Owner class divisions, as well as the Geldings for Gold criteria for the three respective classes. The judging system used shall be that of the Grand National Show for that respective year.
- Only the top six (6) horses will be placed in the A/O Geldings for Gold and Geldings for Gold classes. The total purse money for each division will be divided among the top four (4) placements within its division as follows: first place 40%, second place 30%, third place 20%, and fourth place 10%.
- A horse may only be entered into one open Geldings for Gold class and entered into only one Amateur Owner Geldings for Gold class at any given Grand National Championship Show.
Financial Administration for the A/O Geldings for Gold and Geldings for Gold
- Monies raised for purses will come from sponsorships, entry fees, and previous years’ seed monies.
- Twenty-five percent (25%) of all monies raised from all sources in a given year will be set aside. Fifty percent (50%) of that set aside money will be invested for the future of the program (should the program not continue, these funds will revert to the A/O Committee for use on other programs), thirty-five (35%) of that set aside money will be used for seed money for the following year (should the program not continue, these funds will revert to the A/O Committee for use on other programs), and fifteen percent (15%) of that money will be used for advertising and expenses.
- The other seventy-five percent (75%) of the monies will be paid out to the top four (4) placements as follows: first place 40%, second place 30%, third place 20%, and fourth place 10%. These will be in addition to the Grand National Show ribbons for first, second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth places respectively that will also be awarded.
- The purse monies for each class/division (Pleasure, Performance, and Fino) will include one third of 75% of all sponsorship money (total less the 25% set aside), plus 75% of the entry fees for the division’s class (total less the 25% set aside.)